SFI is the primary welfare research institute for all of Denmark. Through relevant research of the highest quality, we provide the knowledge base for development of the welfare state.
We are reliable, inquisitive and professional:
Our reliability justifies our existence. Our research is independent of political interests, our work is always professionally sound and transparent, and all of our results are available to the public.
We are strongly aware of what is happening around us, we are inquisitive to understand the needs and interests of others, and we strive always to carry out a respectful dialogue with others.
We are responsible in our working methods and in our interaction with the outside world. We constantly strive to improve and be more effective in our ambition for high quality and sound results.
We want to be Denmark’s strongest applied-research environment and we want to bring our knowledge into play at the right time and at the right place. This means that:
- We are renowned for our comprehensive knowledge about the considerable challenges in the field of welfare.
- We use our professional knowledge and international outlook to shed light on current and future welfare challenges.
- Our knowledge is used by key decision-takers and practitioners.
We are renowned for our comprehensive knowledge about the key challenges in the field
- We focus our research and analysis to obtain knowledge about all the main parts of the research programme.
- We develop methodical core competencies, which support realisation of the research programme.
- We have external research funding, which facilitates strong research environments within the entire research programme.
- All researchers publish internationally.
We use our professional knowledge and international outlook to shed light on current and future welfare challenges
- We strengthen collaboration with strategically important national and international research environments.
- We develop activities and publications, which gather and communicate state-of-the-art research.
Our knowledge is used by key decision-takers and practitioners
- We are in continuous dialogue with key interested parties about development and application of our research.
- We develop new communication activities and products, to support conversion of research into practice.
Our organisational processes and method of working are professional and support our mission and visions
- We develop our financial management, management information and data security to support sound research practice and efficient working procedures.